Tibet overland tour
Tibet overland tour is one of the popular tours in Tibet. Tibet overland tour is known as Tibet budget tour which is more interesting, crossing the high desert, driving through over 3000-5000 meters , visiting the cave , monasteries including the potala palace and clear view of Mt. Everest is visible from a distance make Tibet overland tour is lifetime experience in Tibet. Since Tibet has been open from 1985, more tourist are visited for the Tibet overland tour because of with in short period & tourist relaxing much more then other adventure trip in Tibet. Tibet overland tour is equally fascinating is the wealth of cultural interest and Tibet visitors will have plenty of opportunity to explore this side of Tibet, both in Lhasa and the other towns they pass through on their journey. Overland tour in Tibet take you heart of the Tibet. Tibet overland package trip take at 6 night 7 days but trip can extend if travelers want to go Tibet Everest base camp trip.
Tibet overland tour commence from Kathmandu, following with Friendship Highway through some of the most amazing landscape on Earth to Tibet border with in 5-6 hours drive. Early in the morning Himalaya journey Treks & expedition’s representative will pick up from hotel and drop the Tibet border for Tibet overland trip. HJT representative will introduce with Tibetan guide after immigration formalities in Kodari /Tibet border. After immigration formalities at Tibet border ,Tibetan guide will inform you all about the Tibet historical places such as Zhangmu, Nyalam, Tingri, Xeger, Xigatse, Gyantse and to Lhasa. The Tibet overland tour distance covered is approximately 1000 km on four-wheel drive vehicles or a coach. Finally ,Tibetan tour guide will make interesting sightseeing around Lhasa including the Potala palace, Norbulinkha palaces, the great Drepung Monastery, Jokhang Temple, and walk amongst the crowded Tibetan market - the bustling Barkor Bazaar and eventually HJT representative will drop to you Gogar airport near by Lhasa for onward destination either back to Kathmandu or other international flight destination. Himalaya Journey trekking will generate the Tibet overland tour itinerary according to your holiday schedule.
Tibet overland tour itinerary:
Day 01 Kathmandu-Nylam
we start our Tibet overland tour with an early morning drive to Kodari, the Nepali boarder post. Weather permitting there will be fine views of Langtang, Gauri Shanker, Melungtse and Khumbu Himal ranges. Depending on the road situation we walk or drive up to Zhang Mu where we clear Chinese immigration. After the immigration formalities we continue our journey through a beautiful gorge to Nyalam crossing the Himalayan range. Altitude 3800m.
Day 02 Nyalam-Lhatse
Our first stop on the Tibetan plateau will be on the 5200 m. high Lalung la pass from where we have a breathtaking view of the himalayan range and Shisabangma, the highest peak in Tibet. While having lunch in Lao Tingri, the peaks of Mt. Everest (Qomolongma in Tibetan) and Cho Oyu can be seen. This day our journey is long but the spectacular Tibetan plateau will make you forget time. Altitude 4000m.
Day 03 Lhatse-Shigatse/Xingatse
A four hour drive brings us to Tibet's second largest city, Shigatse. Here we visit Tashilumpo Monastery, the seat of the Panchen Lama, hence one of the most important monasteries in Tibet. Altitude 3800m.
Day 04 Shigatse/Xigatse -Gyantse
After a stroll though the old city we depart for the two and a half hour drive to Gyantse. While approaching the small farming town we can clearly see the old fort that was captured by Young husband during his 1904 raid into Tibet. Here the main attraction is the Kumbum monastery with its extraordinary architecture. Altitude 3900 m.
Day 05 Gyantse -Lhasa
This will be a long drive, but on the way we cross the Karo-la with the beautiful glacier, we see Yamdrok Tso which is named the Turquoise lake and cross the Kamba-la from where we descend to the main road which bring us all the way to Lhasa. Altitude 3650 m.
Day 06/07 Sightseeing around Lhasa
During these two days in Lhasa. we visit the Potala palace, Drepung and Sera Monasteries and of course the famous Jokhang temple including the surrounding Barkhor.
Day 08 Flight from Lhasa to onward journey
we have to get up very early for our transfer to Gonggor airport to catch the flight back to Kathmandu or other destination
Trip Cost: USD $875 Per person
- Airport pick up and transfer to hotel.
- Three night accommodation in Kathmandu on BB basis ( 3 star category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Government license holder tour Guide.
- kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with private car as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu Tibet border overland transportation by private jeep as mentioned in itinerary
- hotel accomodation entire the Tibet overland tour on BB basis( tourist standard category hotel) on twin sharing as mentioned in itinerary
- Tibet Lhasa sightseeing tour with guided trip as mentioned in itinerary
- Tibet Lhasa tour with private vehicle as mentioned in itinerary
- sightseeing entrance for Tibet Lhasa tour
- Tibet travel permit as mentioned in itinerary
- Kathmandu International airport pick up while Lhasa to Kathmandu flight
- All program as mentioned in itinerary
- Overland transportation
- Insurance for Nepalese staff. ( Tour guide, and driver)
- Guide and porter fares and taxes.
- Government Tax and office service charge.
- Kathmandu intetrtnational Airport drop
- Lunch & Dinner during Kathmandu & Lhasa stay
- International flight ticket & Kathmandu Lhasa Kathmandu flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee US$ 40 (duration 60 days from date of issue)- you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
- Disembarkation Airport Tax in Nepal - approx. US$ 24. al equipments
- High risk medical insurance
- Entrance fees while sightseeing tour in Kathmandu valley.
- Alcoholic beverage and telephone calls
- Hot drinks, Soft drinks such as cola, mineral water
- Nepal Visa Fee
- Emergency rescue evacuation if needed
- Purely personal nature expenses
- Tipping /Tips(Tipping is Expected).
Please click on thumbnail image to have larger view.